E4D Cad/Cam Dentist System
We try to keep our office up to date with the newest and best technology, and the E4D Cad/Cam machine is our newest addition. Dr. Zachary E. Linhart is proud to present the new E4D NEVO scanner to the office. Made in America, the E4D NEVO is a state-of-the-art intra-oral scanning, design, and milling system that allows us to do Crowns, Veneers, Inlays, and Onlays in about 2 hours!
Traditionally, these procedures would take two visits with a temporary being worn in between. Now with the E4D, we can scan, design, mill, and insert these restorations in a single visit, at your convenience.
Similar to CEREC, which is a different in office system, E4D can make restorations out of multiple materials, including ceramic, porcelain, composite, and zirconia.
Here is how the E4D system works:
- The tooth is prepared for the necessary restoration, whether it is a crown, inlay, or onlay, by Dr. Linhart.
- The prepared tooth is scanned inside your mouth with a camera that uses lasers to build a 3-dimensional model of the tooth.
- The restoration (crown, inlay, onlay) is designed digitally using the E4D’s revolutionary software. Every intricate detail can be customized to make the restoration a perfect fit.
- Using the 3-axis mill that weighs over 300lbs, the restoration is milled from a solid block of the selected material. These include:
- E.max lithium disilicate
- Composite/porcelain hybrid
- The restoration is adjusted and cemented onto the prepared tooth.
This can all be accomplished in a single visit, making the whole procedure easier, and saving precious time.
E-mail or call us if you have any questions about this revolutionary E4D technology!